List ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list.
1. The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K. Le Guin aka The Queen (this book broke me, entirely)
2. The Tombs of Atuan - Le Guin, again
3. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
4. The Graveyard Book - more Gaiman
5. Howl’s Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones
6. Alexander Hamilton - Ron Chernow
7. Sweet Tooth - Jeff Lemire
7a. while you’re at it you should also look into Lemire’s Essex County
8. Kitchen - Banana Yoshimoto
9. Grotesque - Natsuo Kirino
10. Kính vạn hoa (Kailedoscope) - Nguyễn Nhật Ánh
Honorary mentions: The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry; Thằng Ròm, unfortunately I can’t recall the author’s name, and Google was useless; Yves Saint Laurent: Icons of Fashion Design - Marguerite Duras; Fruits & Fresh Fruits - photographed by Shoichi Aoki
man, those few seconds of excitement when you find a red envelope in your jacket months after Tet is over… only to be snuffed out when it’s already empty.
I know that feel